PDA

View Full Version : How to edit Dishplayer files?

atsoc
May 3rd, 2004, 02:10 PM
Hi guys. I am trying to use Videoredo to edit out commercials from an MPEG2 file I have captured off Dishplayer 7200. I get the following error UNABLE TO OPEN: C.............mpg

I use dishrip to extract files from dishplayer hard drive to computer.
I get two files: mpg and mp2
MPG2
Size: 544*480
AspectRatio 4:3
Framerate: 29.970 frames/sec
Bitrate 3500000

MP2
FPS: 48.0 kHz
Ratio: 192 Kbps
stereo

This is my Setup...
P4 CPU 2.4
ASUS P4S8X
768MB PC 2100
ASUS V8460/TD video card
SB Audigy Audio

I have no problems using TMPGENC DVD AUTHOR to edit and burn it on dvd or DVD-LAB to work with these files

I wonder if it is possible at all to use Videoredo.

I would appriciate any help.
Best regards Atsoc
[/b]

DanR
May 3rd, 2004, 06:28 PM
Which version of VideoReDo are you using?

If you use the Tools>Trim feature from the VideoReDo menu to create a 10MB or 20MB section of the start of the file does the open still fail? If so, please upload it to our FTP site and I'll take a look at it right away. We use both TmpGenc and DVDLab all the time with VideoReDo files.

Here's another thought. Your DishRip program might be creating MPEG elem streams. This version of VideoReDo supports program stream editing. One of our users I'm pretty sure uses VideoReDo to edit programs off of his Dish receiver. I'll find out what he uses.

Anonymous
May 3rd, 2004, 09:23 PM
Hello DanR. Thank you for your prompt responce.
To answer the first question, I am using Videoredo 1.5.5.224
and you are right, dishrip criates two mpeg elementary streams.
I would appriciate if you would find info. on how to use videoredo to edit programs off dishplayer.
Another question: Are their any plans for future Videoredo versions to support elem. streams?

Once again, thank you,
Best Regards atsoc

DanR
May 3rd, 2004, 09:53 PM
would appriciate if you would find info. on how to use videoredo to edit programs off dishplayer.I've already sent an email to our Dish user (at least I think he's a dish user). I'm also going to edit the topic of this thread in case someone else on the msg board can contribute directly.

Are their any plans for future Videoredo versions to support elem. streams? As a matter of fact, there is, and it won't be too long before its available. I just finished a key component of that effort today so I would expect to see something soon. VideoReDo does support elem. stream output, whcih is great for DVDLab users since it saves the demuxing process. Please hang in there a little bit longer for elem. stream input.

DanR
May 3rd, 2004, 10:05 PM
From another Dish user:

I have a Bell ExpressVu Receiver which is manufactured by Dish and is the exact same thing, except for the canadian market. DishPVR 501 is Bell ExpressVu 5100 and DishPVR 508 is Bell ExpressVu 5800. DishRip, if I am not mistaken is used with another generation of DishPVR and I cannot actually use it with my PVR. I use pvrdse and pvrconv. pvrdse does the extracting and pvrconv converts from the data files to audio and video elementary streams.

Even if there are differences, the satellite signal is the same and they should be able to use VideoReDo. They will have to multiplex their elementary streams into a program stream to use VideoReDo. This is what I did as well. I used TMPGEnc Plus for that.

P.S. Is there a plan for VideoReDo to have its own multiplexer?

Anonymous
October 4th, 2004, 02:24 AM
Hey, saw the dishrip topic. I am using Dish Extract. Maybe when you say dishrip, you are imply'ing dish extract, but if not download it and give it a try. On yahoo dishrip group, you probably know that, but just in case. I use it, set for extract combined video/audio into mpeg. Then use video-redo to edit out commercials. Works pretty good for me. Hope you get your issue resolved soon, good luck.

Anonymous
October 4th, 2004, 02:27 AM
Sorry, forget to include in prior post. I have a Dish PVR 510. Think it should be the same format as the dishplayer u mention. But in case not, that is the source for my video/audio files.

Anonymous
November 8th, 2004, 05:18 PM
I just found this program via some of the news groups and decided to give it a shot... I have a 7200 unit and use "dishrip" to dump the files to a mpg and mpa files... I get the exact same error when I try to open ANY file that I have extracted to the hard drive

That is a "unable to open c:\1.mpg" or any file... Suggestions on what I am doing wrong??

DanR
November 8th, 2004, 05:22 PM
We have lots of "DishRip" users of VideoReDo so its probably something obvious. Question, are you creating program streams or elementary streams?

You might also want to post this question over on the Yahoo DishRip group. Lots of VideoReDo discussion there.

If you don't get an answer in the next few hours from a dishrip user, let us know and we will try and help out.

Anonymous
November 8th, 2004, 05:33 PM
DAM that was quick... I tried this as well same issue

If you use the Tools>Trim feature from the VideoReDo menu to create a 10MB or 20MB section of the start of the file does the open still fail?

DanR
November 8th, 2004, 05:37 PM
If you trim from the beginning you can trim any file. If you trim from the middle it will look for an MPEG start code, (sequence: x0 x0 x1 ) which includes just about all MPEG video streams, including program, elementary and transport streams.

BTW, if you have a transport stream you can edit it with our new beta version (see beta topics on this msg board).

Anonymous
November 8th, 2004, 06:33 PM
Ok something is really weird... I posted in the dishrip newsgroup... Just to give you a heads up on what I have done..

1. Tried the new Beta version... Same thing (Update-1-6-3-287.exe)
2. Did a Cut 1 meg into the files for 10 megs.. same thing
3. Tested the original mpg file... No issues playing in mediaplayer
4. Tried playing the mpg test cut.. Would not play in media player
5. Tested off of the windows 2003 server on a XP Pro machine.. Same thing

I Extracted the files with dishrip command flag of
dishrip -a (all) -dd (if the file is AC3 extract sound to a AC3 File)

Anonymous
November 11th, 2004, 11:17 PM
When you say you are using "dish rip", do you mean that is the program name, or do you just mean it generically? If you are specifically using "dishrip", i think it is the older util for this. Try downloading "dish extract" from dishrip forum. My understanding is it is the newest app for this, and is intended to replace the earlier dishrip util.