Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Message : Please disable system debugger

Default Message : Please disable system debugger

Hi ! I discovered the beta program for videoredo tv suite, and would like to participate.

But after installing the latest version (language : french, windows XP SP3), when trying to run the program for the firts time, i'm having this message box :

"Error!"
    "For security purposes, this program wil not run while system debuggers are active. Please remove or disable system debugger before trying to run this program again"

I've searched a bit on this forum and on internet for "system debugger", found a page that speak about boot.ini and /DEBUG parameter, but nothing here like that.

What can I do ?

Blog Entries

This isn't a message we've seen before. Sound like you're running another application which has an active debugger and its triggering this message from our license manager.

First thing I would do is try one of the beta versions that are here on the message board.
    Dan Rosen ( VideoReDo )

Yes, I've restarted windows (for beign sure that all programs are closed) and it works now Thanks !

This program is the best i know so far for treating my TV records

I had this message come up today for the first time ever. I was opening ts files of a TV series to identify which episode they were, then renaming the folder to reflect the episode name. After about six or seven of these this message came up. I already had two instances of VRD running and was opening and closing a third instance. The files open fine by dropping them on one of the other instances but get this message if I try to start another instance. Nothing else changed during the course of this process as far as I know.

I'm slightly worried that if I do a restart it will lock up altogether, though most likely the problem will clear. But is there anything I can do to help track down the problem while my machine is in this odd half way state?

After messing about I'm now down to one working instance.

Edit: this is with a paid for 594.
    Last edited by ddave; January 16th, 2010 at 09:05 AM.

Blog Entries

ddave, where you in the file open screen or have one open in another process when you got the message?
    Dan Rosen ( VideoReDo )

DanR, there are no file open dialog boxes open for any process. Is that what you mean? The problem triggered when I closed an instance of VRD by clicking the close box, double clicked the next .ts file and the message came up.

Edit: VRD has started opening again! There was one instance running, no other would start (either by double clicking a file or from the start menu), and now it's working fine again. I didn't restart, and no other programs have been started or ended as far as I know. This is weird...
    Last edited by ddave; January 16th, 2010 at 09:31 AM.

Blog Entries

double cllicked the next .ts file and the message came up
    Instead of double clicking to start the file, try opening VRD and then clicking on our file open. Or, start VRD and drag the file into VRD from the explorer.

I think you might have an external utility that is intercepting the file explorer to display a video thumbnail and we are picking that up as a system debugger.
    Dan Rosen ( VideoReDo )

Hi again,

See my edit on that message. Starting from the start menu didn't work either, but it seems to have righted itself spontaneously!

What might the external utility be?

Blog Entries

I think ffmeg, or something like that has the ability to intercept file open dialogs and display thumbnails. I have one system where the utility seems to comes and go so I can't just bring it up and give you the name. Don't know if that's the problem or not. Also, long ago divx had a background process that ran the system debugger to try and catch hacks, but it interfered with a lot of other applications including ours.

There are other debugger type of applications such as process monitors, registry monitors that trigger these types of things, but those are usually consistent in that they would give an error each time you started VRD.
    Dan Rosen ( VideoReDo )

OK, thanks. It's going to be hard to track down if it comes and goes like this. If it happens again and I can figure out any sort of pattern I'll get back to you.