Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Need to convert VOB file.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Multan, Pakistan
    Posts
    10

    Default Need to convert VOB file.

    Any software which help to convert Commercial DVD file format VOB in to VideoReDo readable format i.e. MP4 without Re-Encoding or Re-Compression ?
    ----------------------------
    Engr. Jawwad Sadiq
    Skype: kitharass
    @ 0092-300-6307536

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, Calif.
    Posts
    2,162

    Default

    Any of the DVD-decryptor-like programs will, if that is necessary.
    Raw VOB files are actually just mpeg, and VideoReDo will read 'em just fine, as-is.
    In fact, if you have home-made DVDs, (unencrypted) just transfer them to hard drive, and open in VRD, and you should be good to go.

    Now, if you want to write 'em as mp4, then that's possible, but will require re-encoding.
    VideoReDo help files and FAQ.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Multan, Pakistan
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anole View Post
    Any of the DVD-decryptor-like programs will, if that is necessary.
    Raw VOB files are actually just mpeg, and VideoReDo will read 'em just fine, as-is.
    In fact, if you have home-made DVDs, (unencrypted) just transfer them to hard drive, and open in VRD, and you should be good to go.

    Now, if you want to write 'em as mp4, then that's possible, but will require re-encoding.
    Actually I have Audio/Video synchronization problem. please read this thread.

    http://www.videoredo.net/msgBoard/sh...ad.php?t=29706
    ----------------------------
    Engr. Jawwad Sadiq
    Skype: kitharass
    @ 0092-300-6307536

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, Calif.
    Posts
    2,162

    Default

    I'll confine my comments to the previous thread, and leave this one for anyone who has recommendations for file compressor/re-encoder programs.

    By the way, some use Handbrake.
    I have used SUPER.
    And, VideoReDo will output in some advanced formats.

    Kind of need to know what it is you want, before you can specify a tool.
    And if you are asking for the wrong thing, then it all becomes a confusing waste of time.

    For instance, you will not reencode a DVD to mp4 and not loose some quality.
    Maybe that doesn't really matter.
    What is the target playback device?
    Why are you specifying mp4?
    VideoReDo help files and FAQ.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Multan, Pakistan
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anole View Post
    I'll confine my comments to the previous thread, and leave this one for anyone who has recommendations for file compressor/re-encoder programs.

    By the way, some use Handbrake.
    I have used SUPER.
    And, VideoReDo will output in some advanced formats.

    Kind of need to know what it is you want, before you can specify a tool.
    And if you are asking for the wrong thing, then it all becomes a confusing waste of time.

    For instance, you will not reencode a DVD to mp4 and not loose some quality.
    Maybe that doesn't really matter.
    What is the target playback device?
    Why are you specifying mp4?
    what i want to Cut and ReJoin VOB file without loosing quality.
    ----------------------------
    Engr. Jawwad Sadiq
    Skype: kitharass
    @ 0092-300-6307536

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kitharass View Post
    what i want to Cut and ReJoin VOB file without loosing quality.
    Use VideoRedo to remux the VOB into a single mpg (Open DVD Folder..). That will leave you with MPEG2 video in a .mpg container. Or you could use VOB2MPG. There are frankly quite a few programs that you can use to do it. Just google it.

    As Anole said before, if you want the video file in (H.264)MP4 then you will need to transcode (re-encode). Both MPEG2 and H.264 are lossy formats so you will not have bit perfect transcodes. Visually, you can get them

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Peoria Illinois
    Posts
    959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kitharass View Post
    what i want to Cut and ReJoin VOB file without loosing quality.
    If you are looking to take a VOB file from a DVD folder (VIDEO_TS), edit it, and put it back into the folder (substituting the edited VOB for the original one) without Authoring, (in order to retain all the original menus and features) that's not going to work.

    A VOB on a DVD is not a stand alone file. It may contain parts of other Titles or only a portion of the desired Title.

    If you are trying to repair a (possibly) damaged or defective DVD, you need to extract each program (PGS or Title, not VOB file). Repair the bad one. Re-author the files into a new DVD (or 2). There will be no loss of quality but original menus and some features will be lost.

    If you do want to compress it, you still need to do it on a title by title basis and not VOB by VOB. In other words, you can't work with a DVD on a file by file basis.
    Just call me Steve: I never should have used numbers in a screen name, but I just can't stop now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •