Thread: Video Redo Compatibility with Windows 7 x64

Default Video Redo Compatibility with Windows 7 x64

I have just replace my old XP PC with a new one using Windows 7 x64 (64 bit) and wish to use my Video Redo software on it. However the current version is Version: 3.10.3-609 and the MS Windows 7 indicates that version 2.5 is the only version compatible. Is this correct? I would have thought v3.10 would also be compatible.

My reason for asking is that I have just had to do a clean reinstal of W7 x64 after getting BSOD every time I tried to boot up. My computer supplier indicated that it was probably caused by non-compatible software and I do not want to instal it again if was the cause of the problem.

All versions of VideoReDo work just fine in Windows 7 x64. I don't know why MS is saying it's not. They're wrong

Dan
    Dan Haddix
    Developer

Thanks Dan203

I think I phrase my question the wrong way as I would have expected any version later than 2.5 to be compatible.

I think the problem on the MS W7 compatibility pages is that they are probably not regularly updated unless the product supplier contacts them and I misinterpreted what they were saying - I do not think they mean that only version 2.5 is compatible it just that when they made up the list the later versions did not exist.

Thanks again

v4 of VideoReDo existed before Windows 7 was even released, so I'm not sure why they choose v2.5. In any case they are wrong and it should work fine.

Dan
    Dan Haddix
    Developer

I've recently installed v2.5.7.600 on my new Win 7 x64 machine and it is not displaying video. Thumbnails images do show and other than the video not showing the program appears to be functional. Any idea what could be causing this issue? Using an ATI Radeon HD 4550 video card.

Thanks.

That version is very old. The latest version of Plus is 3.10.3-609 and can be downloaded here...

http://www.videoredo.com/en/Download.htm

Dan
    Dan Haddix
    Developer