Thread: Wish: Language of the audio track to be configurable

Lightbulb Wish: Language of the audio track to be configurable

I very appreciate V5's Save->Option->Audio[.Advanced] configuration box. Unfortunately, it's not possible to modify language tag of particular track. Sometime the language of the track is marked by wrong language (e.g. track spoken in "German" is mis-claimed to be "English"). Such kind of issue can't be solved by current VRD v5 ...

Well, I can queue the job then edit the .Bprj file then run batch manager to process it, but it's not so comfortable solution ...

This actually was added for our pro users. In the Pro product there is a way to edit the language of each individual stream. But it uses a different UI for editing a profile then the consumer product. I'll consider adding it to the consumer too, but it's low priority.
    Dan Haddix
    Developer

Question

Thank you.

Unless I missed something,
    VideoReDo Professional = VideoReDo TVSuite v5 + (ProRes, MXF, DNXHD, AES audio, VANC, LKFS) + $154

Although I'm not ready to spend so much memory for the feature I asked ...
    ... is it possible to upgrade from VideoReDo TVSuite v5 to VideoReDo Professional ?

Just asking ...

Blog Entries

Yes it is possible to upgrade to Pro.

When you're ready send an email to support for additional info
    Pat Dulak

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lukes View Post
    Thank you.

Unless I missed something,
    VideoReDo Professional = VideoReDo TVSuite v5 + (ProRes, MXF, DNXHD, AES audio, VANC, LKFS) + $154

Although I'm not ready to spend so much memory for the feature I asked ...
    ... is it possible to upgrade from VideoReDo TVSuite v5 to VideoReDo Professional ?

Just asking ...
    The Pro version has more control over the audio as well. It has a UI that allows you to create completely new streams by mixing or splitting the individual channels from the source streams. It also allows separate processing of streams. So for example say you have a file with 4 2ch streams, 3 = 5.1 and 1 is 2ch mix, that you need to normalize and output it as a single 8ch stream. You can merge the first 3 streams for normalization as 5.1 and then merge that normalized stream with the 2ch mix for your final 8ch stream.

This sort of stuff doesn't really matter much in the consumer space, but in the pro space converting between stream layouts like this is very common as every broadcaster has different requirements for their equipment.
    Dan Haddix
    Developer

Is the language feature in the current beta version?

I need that feature too. Is it possible to get that feature faster?

It's on my list, but not high priority. It's available in Pro is you really need it now.
    Dan Haddix
    Developer

Is it possible to quickly implement the following feature:

When I am cutting and storing a video to mkv the standard language of all audio streams is english. I am handling only german videos. A default entry in the settings for the general language of all audio streams would fix all my problems. Right now I have to mux all files after cutting to redefine the language of the audio. Such a setting would save a lot of time :-)

Let me formulate the idea:

As an user of VideoReDo I want to have a setting in the global programm settings for the default language of a file.

The setting have the following options:

- no change (which does represent the current behaviour)
    - all ISO639-2 language codes (mkvtoolnix -> mkvmerge with option "--list-languages")

The result of the setting is:

- every video stream has the language code 'und'
    - every audio stream has the language code from the setting
    - the global tag 'LANGUAGE' for the file has the language code from the setting

Right now I have to remux all files with a batch run of mkvmerge which would be unnecessary if the language is correct while creating the file :-)