Thread: Detecting Audio streams (Plex DVR with VAP)

Question Detecting Audio streams (Plex DVR with VAP)

Hello,

Currently I've 2 different profiles for Plex DVR recorded content. The 5.1 audio files have an additional task of making a stereo channel stream.

In order to know if I need to apply this profile or the default I have to manually check every file I've recorded with VideoReDo.
    This is tedious, and I'd love some ideas about how I can get VAP to check if the file is 5.1 or 2 channel audio / and ideally select the correct Profile depending and then process.

Your help and thoughts are much appreciated !

Thanks in advance,
    +|-

Is there any way you can identify which files need which profile based on matching a string fragment in the video file names? If so, you can set up profile match strings in VAP so files are automatically processed with the required profile. Selection can also be done based on file extension and video encoded width or height. There is no limit to the number of profile match strings.

Doing what you desire would be a major mod so I hope profile match strings will work. Just out of curiosity what is it you check in order to make the decision?

Also, a utility program I recently created might make getting the info you want much easier than manually loading files into VRD. See this thread:
    http://www.videoredo.net/msgBoard/sh...am-information
    Latest program version is attached to post #14.
    Automate VideoReDo processing with VideoReDo-AutoProcessor (VAP)

Hello,

Thank you for the excellent reply. Sadly the Plex DVR files have the Name & Year and that's it. However, your Utility program does correctly highlight if films are 'AAC' (5.1) or MPEG (2.0) audio. I need to do some more tests to conclude if this is accurate and then I guess it's about working on some sort of script that could extract this information automatically, and run VAP with the correct profile.
    Is it possible to run 2 VAP's ?

Thanks again,

Yes you can run more than one instance of VAP. There is a command line option (goes in shortcut) that assigns an instance #, and you should not share monitor, TempQSF and output folders. If you search VAP-read me.pdf you will find details on this. Search "multiple" -- I don't have a copy handy right now. Warning; I don't run multiple copies and suspect this feature has had little use.

How many different "Names" do you work with? There is no limit to the number of profile-match entries you can have. If 'Orphan Black" is a name, you could use "orphan" (or "orphan black", or "orph") as the match string. The only limit on this approach is how many profile-match entries you are willing to enter. (20, 50 or ?)
    Automate VideoReDo processing with VideoReDo-AutoProcessor (VAP)