Thread: change frame rate

Default change frame rate

i got 4 mp4's.
    3 are 29.97 frame rate
    1 is 23.97
    am having hard time putiing them all on dvd
    is there a way to change 23.97 to 29.97?

Yeah. Open, click Save, click Options, change frame rate to 29.97, hit OK.

It will need to recode the whole video, but it will increase the frame rate. That being said there may be better options for quality purposes. We use simple frame duplication to increase the frame rate. For a 23.976->29.97 there is actually a special technique called telecine which will produce better quality. There are other programs out there that support telecine and could produce a better result. Although you should try VRD and see what you think. The quality may be good enough.
    Dan Haddix
    Developer

well, that was a disaster.
    about 1/4 the way thru the cpu usage was at 80% & temps were exceeding 90 & the computer rebooted itself (Intel Quadcore i7 with 6gb ram).
    think i'd best forget about it.

Quote Originally Posted by dblake View Post
    well, that was a disaster.
    about 1/4 the way thru the cpu usage was at 80% & temps were exceeding 90 & the computer rebooted itself (Intel Quadcore i7 with 6gb ram).
    think i'd best forget about it.
    ??? You should be able to run at 100% CPU all day with no problems. Check the heat sink on your CPU -- it may be clogged with dust. I have a 2009 i7 quad core and had this problem last year. Also is your cooling fan running?
    Automate VideoReDo processing with VideoReDo-AutoProcessor (VAP)

Yeah that's not normal. What kind of PC is it? If it's a laptop you might want to open it up and make sure it's not clogged with dust. If it's a desktop then check all the fans and the heatsinks.
    Dan Haddix
    Developer

I'm afraid your right.
    I'll have to disconnect everything & pull it apart (idle temps are ~55 degrees).
    Tried the same op on my thinkpad laptop & it completed ok, cpu running @ ~95% & temps never got above 75 degrees.