July 19th, 2007, 10:05 PM
Download or see complete readme description and instructions ***here***.
Note: Now includes support for profile outputs (e.g., MPEG4 transcodes) using TVSuite 4
WHAT IS IT?
A free utility program for TiVo-To-Go (e.g., TiVo Desktop or TiVoPlayList) users who use VideoReDo (Plus or TV Suite) for editing transferred TiVo files. It runs on a Windows computer with VideoReDo (VRD) and TiVo Desktop installed (just for registry settings). TVAP detects TiVo files being transferred and, when transfer completes, it automatically and silently runs VideoReDo processes on the files as configured by the operator in the program GUI. QuickStream Fix (QSF) and/or Ad Detective scans ("Ad Scans")may be run. Optionally, all three file types (.TiVo, QSF outputs and Ad Scan outputs) are moved automatically to specified folders after processing is completed, or the original .TiVo file is deleted. Output file types of MPEG2 (.mpg), DVD-VOB (.mpg), DVR-MS (.dvr-ms), TS (*.ts) and TiVo (.tivo) are supported. ALL configuration is via the GUI - NO MANUALLY PREPARED
CONFIGURATION FILES ARE REQUIRED!
You can also select a .TiVo file and click a button to launch the "normal" (interactive GUI) version of VideoReDo (Plus or TV Suite) with the file loaded. This allows you to set Ad Detective parameters or just to preview the video (or anything else VRD can do).
Several metadata items are read from the TiVo files (e.g., Description, Genre, Subtitle/Episode, Episode #, Movie Year, Recording Date/Time). These are displayed by right-clicking on the file in the GUI file list and some of them are inserted in DVR-MS output files. pyTivo metaData files are automatically generated and paired with output MPEG2 files.
TVAP will run a batch file of your creation after processing each .mpg, .dvr-ms or .ts file -- this is typically used to run HandBrake to create a .mp4 version.
You can configure to produce a project (.vprj) file with automatic (Ad Detective or ComSkip) cuts as your output file. TVAP remembers this and displays a status of "AWAITING CUTS" for this video. Then if you later review this project and save it with your modified cuts, TVAP will automatically call VRD to produce the final edited output video with YOUR cuts. For videos that are awaiting cuts the "Run VideoReDo" button will load the project file, ready for you to review and modify the cuts.
You have the option of using ComSkip for commercial detection instead of the VideoReDo Ad Detective.
Read the "Things to Know" section and the Change Log at the end of the TVAP-readme.pdf file for more details.
VideoReDo is a trademark of DRD Systems, Inc.
TiVo is a trademark of TiVo, Inc.
TVAP is free and is not an official product of either VRD or TiVo, neither of which are providing
support for it, nor do they officially endorse it.
- GUI Selection of VRD operations: Default and individual settings for each TiVo file. Specific files may also be "blocked", so no processing occurs.
- GUI selection of output file format, including Profiles for TVSuite 4.
- GUI selection of whether Ad Scan or ComSkip produces only the project (.vprj) file or
automatically applies the cuts to produce a final edited output file.
- On first startup, reads the Desktop TiVo transfer folder from the Windows Registry. If not detected, prompts the operator to select the folder to be monitored.
- Can launch independent GUI version of VideoReDo with TVAP-selected .TiVo file loaded.
- Totally automatic operation with real-time configuration allowed.
- Video Dimension filters automatically applied during Quick Stream Fix, configured by optional user-generated text configuration file containing strings to match against video names and corresponding dimensions.
- Status of all .TiVo files in the transfer folder and all configuration settings,
are maintained in an XML data file between program runs, automatically updated on startup.
- Maintains and displays a log file of processing actions.
- Shows file name, current processing action, and progress bar for VRD processes and file moves.
- Many tooltip hints.
- TVAP is lightweight: Uses less than 20MB of memory exclusive of VRD requirements. Uses less than 1% of processor time when just monitoring for .TiVo transfers.
- Minimizes to system tray.
- File Folder in .vprj file created by Ad Scan is automatically modified if the scanned file was moved by TVAP (otherwise the .vprj file cannot be opened by VRD).
- For mpeg2 outputs, automatically generates a text metadata file that will automatically be used by pyTivo transcoding server (http://pytivo.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/PyTivo) to attach metadata to files served back from pc to TiVo.
- If you place a batch file named TVAPpostProcess.bat or TVAPpostProcess.cmd in the final destination directory TVAP will run the batch file upon completion of VRD processing. The filename WITHOUT the extension and without the path is passed as the argument to this batch file. No configuration is necessary -- if the batch file is there it will be run.
- Integrated option to use ComSkip for commercial detection.
HOW TO GET IT:
VideoReDo has graciously allowed me to host the program on their FTP site. Point your browser to ftp://upload:firstname.lastname@example.org/VR...AutoProcessor/
Click on the TVAP-readme.txt file to learn more, then click on the latest Windows installer file (setupTVAP###.exe) to download it -- the readme file will be installed in the installation folder.
Post here or PM me for questions or problems -- BUT please read the complete readme file first, particularly the "THINGS TO KNOW" section.!
I hope TVAP is of some use to you!
Last edited by dlflannery; April 8th, 2010 at 04:18 PM.
July 20th, 2007, 02:08 AM
well, alllllll right !
I hope this makes life for TiVo fans as comfortable as the copy utility Phd wrote to import from home-burned DVDs.
Thanks for your efforts.
July 21st, 2007, 03:44 PM
TVAP Ver 0.31
Two noticeable improvements (plus minor cleanup):
1. Minimizes to system tray icon. Click icon to minimize/restore program window.
2. Progress bar now active for file moves.
Readme file updated and added Change Log section at end.
July 22nd, 2007, 05:15 PM
TVAP Ver. 0.32
Added ability to launch full-GUI VRD from TVAP with selected .TiVo file loaded.
This allows user to do anything normally possible in VRD, but in particular the
Ad Detective settings can be tuned and adjusted and they then will be used in TVAP Ad Scan processing. (You can also preview the .TiVo file, load another file etc.) TVAP's state doesn't change and it waits for you to shut down VRD before
it will do any auto-processing. See the readme for more info.
WARNING: When I clicked on the ftp link in the first post (repeated here: ftp://upload:email@example.com/VR...AutoProcessor/ ) I was startled to find it showing the wrong version of TVAP. I had to refresh my browser to get the correct version to show. Don't know what would happen if I tried to download the wrong version, since it actually wasn't there -- I had deleted it when I uploaded the newer version.
July 23rd, 2007, 03:10 PM
TVAP Ver 0.33
No enhancements this time -- fixed a bug that occured if you configured moving .TiVo files to a destination folder.
July 24th, 2007, 09:40 PM
TVAP Ver. 0.34
Now automatically corrects the folder location in a .vprj file created by Ad Scan without auto-cut. Explanation: If you have TVAP move the Ad Scan input file to another directory when completed, then the .vprj file is not correct and you can't open it in VRD -- UNLESS you change the folder location in the .vprj file (third line) to point to where you moved the input file -- which is what TVAP now does!
July 29th, 2007, 10:44 PM
TVAP Ver. 0.35
TVAP will now output DVR-MS files. MetaData transfer is still on the TO DO list.
The problem with QSF+AdScan w/ AutoCut for DVR-MS output was resolved.
August 6th, 2007, 01:13 AM
TVAP or VRD COM bug after remote desktop ?
TVAP runs .vbs script files using the VRD COM interface.
Sometimes I remote desktop into my computer running TVAP (to view progress, change settings, etc.) then disconnect (not log out, which would stop TVAP completely). After this disconnect, although TVAP keeps running, VRD throws an error when my AdScan.vbs file attempts to open a file with FileOpen(). A VRD message box saying "Unable to play video: Error opening direct sound audio device" is displayed (although I'm running the silent COM interface).
This only happens for FileOpen(). My QSF script uses FileOpenBatch() and it has no problems under the same conditions.
I reinstalled the latest DirectX (9c) runtime just in case -- no change.
I just had to install a fresh system battery in this computer and I'm not sure if this just started happening after this or not. The DirectX diagnostic tool says Direct Sound is working OK.
Anyone have any ideas?
Info: Using VRD 220.127.116.112, running XP SP2
Last edited by dlflannery; August 6th, 2007 at 01:21 AM.
August 6th, 2007, 02:11 AM
It's the audio settings in the Remote Desktop options -- specifically in the "Local Resources Tab", set the "Remote Computer Sound" to "Leave at Remote Computer". (The "Bring to this Computer" setting causes the problem.) I will add this to the documentation.
Originally Posted by dlflannery
August 14th, 2007, 11:28 PM
Two major enhancements:
1. Reads metadata from TiVo files. (Title, Subtitle, Description, Genre and Recording Time/Date for now.) You can see it by right-clicking on a file name and it is automatically inserted into DVR-MS output files.
2. Comes in a Windows installer package now.
Thanks to Dan203 for the ActiveX component (TivoMetaDecode.ocx) that reads the metadata from the TiVo files.
Note: The metadata is read when the tivo file is initially detected by TVAP and is stored in its XML file. This means the XML format changed and your previous XML files will be invalid so TVAP will force a cold startup where you have to set your default options and destination directories. It will also ask you to enter your MAK since that is needed to read the TiVo metadata. (See readme for more details.)
The MAK is also stored in the XML file which is another reason your current XML file is invalid and a cold start is needed (sorry!)