Build 797 June 30, 2019 project files are generated with a BOM

minimeh

New member
As I reported to the kmttg thread in tivocommunity.com, I'm seeing an exception in kmttg when importing skip points from a project created with VideoRedo 6.4.90.797. Here's the error message
Code:
SkipImport vrdImport - Content is not allowed in prolog.
[com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMParser.parse(Unknown Source),
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(Unknown Source),
com.tivo.kmttg.rpc.SkipImport.vrdImport(SkipImport.java:123),
com.tivo.kmttg.task.vrdreview.check(vrdreview.java:222),
com.tivo.kmttg.main.jobData.check(jobData.java:333),
com.tivo.kmttg.main.jobMonitor.monitor(jobMonitor.java:147),
com.tivo.kmttg.gui.gui$5$1.run(gui.java:326),
com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$null$177(PlatformImpl.java:295),
java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method),
com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$178(PlatformImpl.java:294),
com.sun.glass.ui.InvokeLaterDispatcher$Future.run(InvokeLaterDispatcher.java:95),
com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication._runLoop(Native Method),
com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication.lambda$null$152(WinApplication.java:177),
java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)]
I opened the v6 project in VideoRedo 5.4.04.771 and saved the project without any changes. Importing the v5 project skip points into kmttg succeeds. I did a file comparison of the two projects and the only apparent differences I can see is that the v6 project has prettier formatting. The v5 project uses minimal whitespace but both seem pretty much the same from an xml perspective, although obviously something is different.

I think I found the problem. The v6 project file begins with a byte order marker (BOM) and the v5 file does not. It seems that either VideoRedo v6 needs to go back to not generating the project files with a BOM or kmttg will now need to account for it when parsing the XML file.

I'm using kmttg 2.4l with java version "1.8.0_212" on Windows 10. I've attached the two project files with names indicating which is which and the .vprj extension changed to .txt to allow uploading.
 

Attachments

Danr

Administrator
Staff member
We don't typically monitor the kmttg thread. We will remove the from project files, it shouldn't have been there in the first place.
 

Dan203

Senior Developer
Staff member
Which is why I cross-posted here. I figured if both developers are aware, something could be worked out. Thanks for looking into it.
DanR is wrong, the BOM is there intentionally and we can't just remove it.

That being said it sounds like Kevin has a fix and is building a new release of kmttg right now. So as soon as he releases the update this should work as expected.
 
Top Bottom