Large video/audio resync removed .... video unwatchable

vcorbett

New member
Hi,

Started using the screen recorder on my Samsung tablet (Android 10) then reprocessing with Ad-Detective. I found the Samsung screen recorder to be quite good at producing clean MP4's that worked well with TVSuite (v5 and v6), able to fast frame copy with zero or very few audio or video resync frames removed.

Samsung tablet upgraded to Android 11, and now the Samsung native screen recorder MP4s that are processed by TVSuite end up having thousands or tens of thousands of video and audio resync frames removed, making them pretty much useless for viewing. Following capture shows an MP4 that started out at 00:38:25 being trimmed down over 5 minutes.

3209

The above example is about average for test recordings. Some much worse, some better, but never one cleanly fast frame copied.

I've looked but not yet found options to not remove frames...is there anyway in TVSuite v6 to process (i.e. trim out sections) without removal of all of these resync frames? Ultimately having Samsung “clean up” their screen recorder is the best solution, but for now a workaround? There is no intent to burn to DVD or anything so I am more interested in viewability of the MP4 within VLC player.

Thanks in advance.
 
Last edited:

jmc

Active member
I believe that one thing that can cause a lot of frame removal is "variable frame rate" recordings.
Perhaps Android 11 is recording differently try recording in different "containers" MP4,TS,MKV...
 

vcorbett

New member
I believe that one thing that can cause a lot of frame removal is "variable frame rate" recordings.
Perhaps Android 11 is recording differently try recording in different "containers" MP4,TS,MKV...
The unfortunate thing with the Samsung recorder is the only configuration that the user can set is the resolution.

That said, with your feedback, I tried another app, "AZ Screen Recorder", and recorded two test videos.
1) set frame rate to 60 FPS and bit-rate to auto ... many resync frames removed by TVSuite with a full 25% reduction in filesize
2) set frame rate to 60 FPS and bit-rate to 12 MBPS ... TVSuite processed fairly cleanly ... before 00:32:32, after 00:32:30

So, I have a solution! Thanks for pointing me in the correct direction.
 
Top Bottom