I find myself repeatedly asking users for the same basic information items when trying to help them with VAP issues. To save us both time and effort here is a list of frequently helpful info:
- Versions of VAP and VideoReDo and Windows being used.
- The process flow and configuration being used. This includes everything in the "Default Configuration" panel and the Output Profile selected. (Or a screen shot of the VAP user interface).
- The input file type and preferably also the file info obtained by loading the file into VRD and hitting Ctrl-L then copying to clipboard for pasting in a post (or a screen shot).
- Have you considered the VRD installation tips given here: http://www.videoredo.net/msgBoard/showthread.php?t=29954 ?
- What command-line arguments are being used?
- If an error message pops up, give the exact wording (or a screen shot), and when in the processing sequence does it appear? What happens after the message appears?
- Excerpts from the VAP log for the time interval surrounding the error. The VAP log is "VRDAutoProcessLog.txt" and it is located in the VAP data folder. (Open a command window and type echo %APPDATA%\VAP to see where that is on your machine.)
- Excerpts from the VRD log when the error occured. (Help ... Display VideoReDo Log).
- What output or temporary files are produced and in which folders (Monitor, TempQSF and Output).
- If you duplicate your process flow manually (using just VideoReDo, not VAP) is the problem still there? (If so, it's not a VAP problem!)